Imagine a tent that's large, fairly lightweight and can be used in the Summer as well as the winter and get this, it's crazy expensive!
3FUL is a company who has a growing fanbase within the outdoor community as their reputation is a good one. They are known for making good quality gear at a fair price and today, we are taking a look at a 2 person, freestanding tent called the Taiji.
Amazon Link : https://amzn.to/3C01aE3
3FUL Link : https://3fulgear.com/product/freestanding-tent/taiji-2/
Merch Store :
Want to support TOGR, buy a shirt, hoodie, hat, etc.
Merch Store : https://the-outdoor-gear-review.myspreadshop.com/
Camera Gear :
- Sony A7IV : https://amzn.to/3vWtLHR
- Sony 20mm 1.8 Lens : https://amzn.to/3AcFq80
- Sony 35mm 1.8 Lens : https://amzn.to/3BFs8iZ
- SIRUI Carbon Fiber Travel 5C Tripod : https://amzn.to/3BEahZX
- Batteries : https://amzn.to/3geFtG5
- Rode VideoMic Pro Plus Mic : https://amzn.to/3iZMqMO
- Fjällräven Vidda Pro Ventilated Pants : https://amzn.to/3ytuwYw
- Vasque Juxt Multi-Sport Shoes : https://amzn.to/3DbNTK9
- Darn Tough Socks : https://amzn.to/3mx20A5
- Arcteryx Conveyor Belt : https://amzn.to/3QSnzsi
- Helikon-Tex Windrunner Windshirt : https://amzn.to/3CaTJdE
- Smartwool Merino Wool Hat : https://amzn.to/3feJv0Y
- IO Merino Wool Mask : No Longer Available
- Knit Gloves Base :
- Permethrin for Clothing and Gear : https://amzn.to/37V3FvQ
- Kershaw Cryo II Folding Knife : https://amzn.to/2Sej6aD
- Garmin Instinct Solar GPS Watch : https://amzn.to/3GvkPMC
- Oakley Sunglasses : https://amzn.to/2WcOGYm
If you purchase anything from the links above, you will be supporting the channel through a small commission on Amazon. Thank you for the support and remember, TOGR is 100% Agenda Free.
100% Agenda Free :
This channel is Agenda Free and is fully supported by the viewers.
Support TOGR through Patreon : https://www.patreon.com/TOGR
Support TOGR through YouTube : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpmbA7yNOl7aTj_ffkaWWag/join
3FUL Gear Taiji 2 - 2 Person Freestanding Tent - First Look
Colors : Green, Khaki, and Grey White
3 season mesh version
4 season fabric version
Fly : 15D silicone outside/PU Ripstop Nylon inside
Inner : 20D Nylon Mesh
Aluminum Poles and Stakes
HSHR : 5,000
Dimensions Stored : 17.7"*6.3"
Dimensions Set Up : 7'1"(L)*4'5"(W)*3'11"(H)
4lbs 4.5oz for full tent, poles and stakes
5.1oz for the groundsheet
Amazon - $214 for the green and white 3 season version
$222 for 3 season version
$230 for 4 season
Mentionable Features :
- Removable and replaceable inner - you can go from the mesh 3 season version to the 4th season version when it begins to cool down. If you want to purchase a 4 season inner for your 3 season Taiji, it would cost $105.
Construction Quality : Thoughts in video
Set up : The set up of this tent is simple, easy and straightforward.
Size : This is a large tent, larger than most 2 person tents - large enough for Susie and I, our pads, our backpacks and even our shoes.
Weight : On paper 4lbs sounds somewhat heavy but when you factor in just how large this tent is, the weight isn’t bad at all.
Material Quality : The materials that make up this tent are top notch. Best of the best.
Ventilation / Condensation : Ventilation is very, very good! Condensation is possible with any tent but it’s impressively controlled. Also, the fly pulls away from the body enough so that it isn’t an issue if condensation is present.
Wind Resistance : Based on my testing so far, the only issue that I have is wind resistance. The fly doesn’t have any guy line placements so in strong winds, the front and back walls of the tent can be blown inwards. There are guy line placements on the poles and while that’s great, nothing is going to stop the movement of fabric. Recently I had this tent out in the Utah Desert and we were camping up on a shelf with moderate winds around 15 mph with 25 mph gusts and experienced the walls coming in as mentioned. While you can stake them out, there is no way to pull them out and away from the tent.
So far folks, I like what I am seeing with this tent; 3FUL tends to make very good gear and the Taiji is looking great so far.
One aspect that I am interested in learning is whether this tent is waterproof; according to the company the HSHR is high so in theory it should handle even heavy rain with no issues.
Soon, I will test this out so stay tuned for an upcoming test night episode.
Come Join Us on Facebook, Twitter Instagram :
Twitter : https://twitter.com/OutdoorGearRev
Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/theoutdoorgearreview/