That's it, I'm done with Fjallraven.
Yet again, another Fjallraven Failure!
After a great deal of testing Luke is ready to review the Fjallraven Abisko Tarp and after this point. he's no longer going to recommend this brand's shelters.
- Fjallraven Tarp : https://amzn.to/46wpprK
- Rab Siltarp 2 : https://amzn.to/44seixW
- OneTigris Bulwark Tarp : https://amzn.to/3PDkDCB
Merch Store :
Want to support TOGR, buy a shirt, hoodie, hat, etc.
Merch Store : https://the-outdoor-gear-review.myspreadshop.com/
Additional Links :
Camera Gear :
- Sony A7IV : https://amzn.to/3vWtLHR
- Sony 20mm 1.8 Lens : https://amzn.to/3AcFq80
- Sony 35mm 1.8 Lens : https://amzn.to/3BFs8iZ
- SIRUI Carbon Fiber Travel 5C Tripod : https://amzn.to/3BEahZX
- Batteries : https://amzn.to/3geFtG5
- Rode VideoMic Pro Plus Mic : https://amzn.to/3iZMqMO
- Fjällräven Vidda Pro Ventilated Pants : https://amzn.to/3ytuwYw
- Old Navy Shirt : oldnavy.com
- Vasque Juxt Multi-Sport Shoes : https://amzn.to/3DbNTK9
- Darn Tough Socks : https://amzn.to/3mx20A5
- Arcteryx Conveyor Belt : https://amzn.to/3QSnzsi
- Helikon-Tex Windrunner Windshirt : https://amzn.to/3CaTJdE
- Smartwool Merino Wool Hat : https://amzn.to/3feJv0Y
- IO Merino Wool Mask : No Longer Available
- Knit Gloves Base :
- Permethrin for Clothing and Gear : https://amzn.to/37V3FvQ
- Kershaw Cryo II Folding Knife : https://amzn.to/2Sej6aD
- Garmin Instinct Solar GPS Watch : https://amzn.to/3GvkPMC
- Oakley Sunglasses : https://amzn.to/2WcOGYm
- Outdoor Research Men's Foray II Jacket - https://amzn.to/3Wq7YnQ
- Outdoor Research Helium II Rain Pants : https://amzn.to/3bKRiS9
If you purchase anything from the links above, you will be supporting the channel through a small commission on Amazon. Thank you for the support and remember, TOGR is 100% Agenda Free.
Fjallraven Abisko Tarp - Details
What it is : It has been some time since I posted my preview of this tarp - since then I have continued to test it and have done so in a variety of conditions ranging from warm summer days and nights to cold and windy winter ones.
This is the 10x10’ Fjallraven Abisko Tarp and unfortunately this product is simply not worth the rather high cost.
After a great deal of testing I can share with you both the cons as well as the pros of what I consider to be an expensive disappointment.
Originally I purchased this Tarp from the Ray Mears site as it wasn’t available in the USA. Over time that has changed and this tarp is available on Amazon and it can be found at other sites as well. Not that I would recommend that you purchase it but as an FYI.
11.5’ x 14.5’ -
10x10 - 1.1lbs
11.5’ x 14.5’ - 1.9lbs
40D TripleRip Sil/Sil 3000 mm 100% polyamide
Guyline: 2 mm Dyneema (160 kg) reflective
What’s included :
Six adjustable guylines (the large size includes 8 guylines)
10x10 - I paid $140 for this tarp originally and it looks like the price has gone down over time. I’ve seen the 10x10’ for $120 and the
Large - 11.5ft’ x 14.5’- $214 instead of $240.
From the company :
The Fjallraven Abisko Tarp is made from lightweight, strong nylon. Practical as an accessory for tents but can also be used by itself as a shelter.
This 10 x 10’ tarp is made from light and very strong 40 D TripleRip Sil-Nylon fabric and includes Dyneema guylines. A tarp can be used together with a regular tent to create an outside living space but is also easy to use by itself as a shelter to sleep under.
Made for a lifetime of use.
Also easy to use by itself as a shelter from wind and rain.
100% Agenda Free :
This channel is Agenda Free and is fully supported by the viewers.
Support TOGR through Patreon : https://www.patreon.com/TOGR
Support TOGR through YouTube : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpmbA7yNOl7aTj_ffkaWWag/join
Come Join Us on Facebook, Twitter Instagram :
Twitter : https://twitter.com/OutdoorGearRev
Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/theoutdoorgearreview/