Here's the video review of the Snugpak Ionosphere Bivy tent.
Snugpak – Ionosphere
· Flysheet is a lightweight 210t Polyester RipStop pu with a 5000mm waterproof polyurethane coating
· Inner Tent constructed of 190t Nylon with Polyester Mesh
· 50D Polyester No-See-Um-Mesh
· DAC® Featherlite NSL® anodized poles with pressfit connectors
· All DAC® Poles are made from TH72M aluminum - Featherlite NSL anodized aluminum poles
· 1 Doors
· All seams are taped sealed
· Alloy Stakes (14 + 2 Spare Stakes)
· Available in Olive Outer/Black Inner only
Comes with a Repair Kit - repairs can be made on the move
- TRAIL WEIGHT 2.64 LBS (Fly, Inner Tent & Poles)
- PACK WEIGHT 3.34 LBS (Fly, Inner Tent, Poles, Stakes, Repair Kit & Carry Case)
- PACKSIZE 17”L x 5.25”D
- 2 way zipper
MSRP $ 229.00 but it can be found online for a wide range of prices; $120 - $170 on Amazon.
The Ionosphere™ by Snugpak® is an extremely small and compact 1 person tent. The Ionosphere™ has a very low profile and is great for those looking for a 1 person tent to keep out of the elements. Just like The Bunker™, the Scorpion 3™ and Scorpion2™ the Ionosphere™ also too has a 5000mm PU Coated Fly. The Ionosphere™ has a single entry point, No-See-Um-Mesh and all seams are seam taped. A very impressive small compact tent by anyones standard.
Endorsed by active duty military personal.
Common Questions that one might ask :
· Does it come with a footprint?
No. But the floor is very durable. I would still recommend one though.
· Good for kayaking?
The Snugpak offers excellent bag for the buck and is highly recommended for those looking for a light weight solution to backpacking. This is a 3 season tent and I wouldn’t recommend it for snow. Perfect for those who want something bigger than a bivy but something smaller than a tent.
Great for stealth camping.
Setup is extremely easy and straightforward.
Very lightweight especially when you leave behind the carrying bag and repair kit.
Aluminum alloy stakes are just fine and light weight as well.
No condensation that’s to the ability to allow great air flow.
The zipper functions very well without any nagging.
Fantastic waterproofing and if set up correctly, water will flow off of the fly onto the ground.
Plenty of room within the tent for you and your gear. I’m only 5’4 but I have heard of guys in the military who are 6ft that put their gear with the tent and still have plenty of space.
Definitely one person unless you want to spoon all night long.