In this Agenda Free Review, Luke is going over his Pros and Cons concerning an interesting Pop-up tent from Teton Sports.
This is the Vista 2 Quick Tent....is it worth your hard earned money?
Find out now!
Merch Store :
Want to support TOGR, buy a shirt, hoodie, hat, etc.
Merch Store : https://the-outdoor-gear-review.myspreadshop.com/
Want to send something to TOGR?
TOGR - PO Box 111
7378 Old US 421 S
Deep Gap, NC 28618
Note : I Don't Live Here :D
Teton Sports Quick Hiker Tent : https://amzn.to/3Qqo126
Camera Gear :
- Sony A7IV : https://amzn.to/3vWtLHR
- Sony 20mm 1.8 Lens : https://amzn.to/3AcFq80
- Sony 35mm 1.8 Lens : https://amzn.to/3BFs8iZ
- SIRUI Carbon Fiber Travel 5C Tripod : https://amzn.to/3BEahZX
- Batteries : https://amzn.to/3geFtG5
- Rode VideoMic Pro Plus Mic : https://amzn.to/3iZMqMO
- Old Navy Shirt : oldnavy.com
- Vasque Juxt Multi-Sport Shoes : https://amzn.to/3DbNTK9
- Darn Tough Socks : https://amzn.to/3mx20A5
- Arcteryx Conveyor Belt : https://amzn.to/3QSnzsi
- Patagonia Men's Micro D Full Zip Sweater : https://www.patagonia.com/product/mens-micro-d-fleece-jacket/26171.html
- Helikon-Tex Alpha Fleece : https://amzn.to/3IRQVmh
- Smartwool Merino Wool Hat : : https://amzn.to/3feJv0Y
- IO Merino Wool Mask : No Longer Available
- Knit Gloves Base :
- Permethrin for Clothing and Gear : https://amzn.to/37V3FvQ
- Kershaw Cryo II Folding Knife : https://amzn.to/2Sej6aD
- Garmin Instinct Solar GPS Watch : https://amzn.to/3GvkPMC
- Oakley Sunglasses : https://amzn.to/2WcOGYm
If you purchase anything from the links above, you will be supporting the channel through a small commission on Amazon. Thank you for the support and remember, TOGR is 100% Agenda Free.
100% Agenda Free :
This channel is Agenda Free and is fully supported by the viewers.
Support TOGR through Patreon : https://www.patreon.com/TOGR
Support TOGR through YouTube : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpmbA7yNOl7aTj_ffkaWWag/join
Teton Sports Vista 2 Quick Tent - Review
Setup Measurements : 82" x 60" x 41"
Weight : 6.3 lbs
Packed Measurements : 33” x 7” x 7”
The Fly : 75D 190T Taffeta
That is all that is listed but I suspect the floor is made of a polyester material of some sort.
Price : Retail $120
Colors : There is an impressive variety of colors in which this tent is available :
grey and silver
Accessories : Teton has a number of available accessories for the quick hiker series of tents including cots and an elite rain fly which goes to the ground when the tent is being used on a cot.
Available Versions :
Quick Tent 1 Person
Quick Tent 2 Person
And there are sets which feature a quick tent and a cot.
Review Pros :
Size and weight isn’t bad considering this is a car camping tent. I’ve read reviews where people are complaining about backpacking with this tent…..which is pretty funny.
With my testing this tent has been 100% waterproof.
Fast setup and breakdown. The keyword is can be; there is a con here; with the popup and breakdown mechanism, it can be a bit finicky and if you aren’t careful you can get it misaligned.
Also, it isn’t always easy to get it locked or to unlock the mechanism.
The cord on top of the locking mechanism can get stuck in the setup mechanism if you aren’t careful.
Good color options
Review Cons :
No way to pull the fly out and away from the tent body - because of this condensation control could be better with this tent. The fly will often times lay on the mesh of tent
Lack of vents and again, no way to pull the fly away from the body on all sides means that ventilation doesn’t rate very high.
I spoke of the issues with setting up and breaking down the tent. The mechanism isn’t the smoothest or the easiest to use.
Fly can come into contact with the tent body and if you have this tent sealed up and condensation has formed on the fly, it can run down tent body or even fall into the tent.
Due to the plastic and fiberglass frame, I would recommend being careful and setting up the tent and breaking it down delicately. There are plenty of reports of these tents breaking….I haven’t had any issues yet but I have been careful with it.
All in all I like this tent but I don’t love it; the quality is good, it’s waterproof but as is, it isn’t the best tent for locations that receive a lot of rain and that’s because of the poor ventilation and condensation control.
Come Join Us on Facebook, Twitter Instagram :
Twitter : https://twitter.com/OutdoorGearRev
Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/theoutdoorgearreview/