Today Luke is reviewing a lightweight aluminum kettle that is made by Trangia in Sweden. It’s very basic and also, very inexpensive.
Question, why did they make it like this? They really should know better.
Merch Store :
Want to support TOGR, buy a shirt, hoodie, hat, etc.
Merch Store : https://the-outdoor-gear-review.myspreadshop.com/
Want to send something to TOGR?
TOGR - PO Box 111
7378 Old US 421 S
Deep Gap, NC 28618
Note : I Don't Live Here :D
- Trangia Kettle : https://amzn.to/3R71RCj
- HAZARD 4 Broadside Pouch : https://amzn.to/3YVy5E9
- EVERNEW TI Alcohol Stove DX Set : https://amzn.to/3C87HNs
- Vargo Alcohol Fuel Bottle : https://amzn.to/3YTAizT
- Denatured Alcohol Fuel : https://amzn.to/3WvGbSj
- Matches : https://amzn.to/2QNgMH3
Additional Links :
Camera Gear :
- Sony A7IV : https://amzn.to/3vWtLHR
- Sony 20mm 1.8 Lens : https://amzn.to/3AcFq80
- Sony 35mm 1.8 Lens : https://amzn.to/3BFs8iZ
- SIRUI Carbon Fiber Travel 5C Tripod : https://amzn.to/3BEahZX
- Batteries : https://amzn.to/3geFtG5
- Rode VideoMic Pro Plus Mic : https://amzn.to/3iZMqMO
- Fjällräven Vidda Pro Ventilated Pants : https://amzn.to/3ytuwYw
- Old Navy Shirt : oldnavy.com
- Vasque Juxt Multi-Sport Shoes : https://amzn.to/3DbNTK9
- Darn Tough Socks : https://amzn.to/3mx20A5
- Arcteryx Conveyor Belt : https://amzn.to/3QSnzsi
- Patagonia Men's Micro D Full Zip Sweater : https://www.patagonia.com/product/mens-micro-d-fleece-jacket/26171.html
- Helikon-Tex Windrunner Windshirt : https://amzn.to/3CaTJdE
- Smartwool Merino Wool Hat : : https://amzn.to/3feJv0Y
- IO Merino Wool Mask : No Longer Available
- Knit Gloves Base :
- Permethrin for Clothing and Gear : https://amzn.to/37V3FvQ
- Kershaw Cryo II Folding Knife : https://amzn.to/2Sej6aD
- Garmin Instinct Solar GPS Watch : https://amzn.to/3GvkPMC
- Oakley Sunglasses : https://amzn.to/2WcOGYm
If you purchase anything from the links above, you will be supporting the channel through a small commission on Amazon. Thank you for the support and remember, TOGR is 100% Agenda Free.
Trangia Kettle Review :
Materials : Aluminum kettle, plastic grab knob, plastic handle cover, stainless steel handle mount and knob post
Dimensions : 3” high x 6” wide
Weight : 6.7oz
Price : $25
Versions : 20oz, 30oz, 47oz
Review Pros :
- Sturdy enough considering it’s made from aluminum.
- Very good quality
- Good size options - the 30oz version is the sweet spot in my opinion, not too big, not too large.
- The price is excellent
- Pour spout is good
- Small vent hole in lid is a welcomed feature
- Handle locks into place when standing
Review Cons :
- Plastic Grab Knob - It will melt if you aren’t careful - I’ve been careful but there are plenty of reports of this happening even when using it on a Trangia Alcohol stove. I’m not sure why the company has done this to be honest, they have been around since 1925 and really should know better than to use plastic. If you like, you could drill out the rivet and replace the knob with something more heat resistant.
- Handle insulation again is made of plastic and will burn off
- No storage bag included to hold the components together. For $25 though, I’m ok with it. If this was more expensive, one should be provided.
Review Summary :
For the money, this is easily recommendable. It’s only $25 and it does everything that you would want from a kettle. The only issues that I have are with the plastic materials which are perplexing….like I mentioned earlier, the company really should know better.
This is a no frills kettle and there isn’t anything fancy about it…it costs $25 so if you keep your expectations in check I think you’ll like this product and get a lot of good use from it.
It’s a $25 aluminum kettle that unfortunately has plain-jane plastic on it that hot water will melt.
100% Agenda Free :
This channel is Agenda Free and is fully supported by the viewers.
Support TOGR through Patreon : https://www.patreon.com/TOGR
Support TOGR through YouTube : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpmbA7yNOl7aTj_ffkaWWag/join
Come Join Us on Facebook, Twitter Instagram :
Twitter : https://twitter.com/OutdoorGearRev
Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/theoutdoorgearreview/