Wednesday, January 11, 2017
My Favorite Gear : Inexpensive Ultralight Ground Cloth
Today Luke is talking about one of his favorite pieces of gear; the Ultralight Ground Cloth.
UL Ground Cloth
Shipped as a Duo Size - Can be cut in half for two solo sizes at less than 1.2oz ea.
60" X 96" (5' X 9') 2.4oz
Very WaterProof - Even more than Silnylon and most other LW WP Fabrics and Tyvek
Ultra Light Weight, Inexpensive and Effective
• SHIPPED AS ONE LARGE DUO SIZE - Cut it into two singles or any shape to fit a floorless shelter footprint
• A trimmed 28" X 7' solo size will weight less than 1oz
• This UL Ground Sheet is fairly quiet and is NOT crinkly or noisy.
• Clear - Similar in feel to a thin Mylar plastic- pretty tough for a .5oz/sq/yd material
• Plenty tough for many nights of use
• Film is used in food industry to shrink wrap food .
• Tough and safe vs lower quality chemical laden PVC style wrap
• Clear color to see sticks and stones underneath
• Can be cut into tent shape footprints.
• Punctures and little tears can be mended with duct tape for a pretty long service life
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment