For the Flashlight Lovers out there, today Luke is reviewing the Olight R50 Seeker Rechargeable Flashlight!
Amazon : https://www.amazon.com/Tactical-Flashlight-lithium-ion-Micro-USB-Rechargeable/dp/B01FQRUA9C
Price : $120
• Output / Runtime:
◦ Turbo: 2500 Lumens / 2 Minute Burst then down to 800 for 150 minutes
◦ High: 1200 Lumens / 12 Minute Burst then to 800 lumens for an additional 130 minutes.
◦ Medium: 300 Lumens / 6 Hours
◦ Low: 50 Lumens / 50 Hours
• Peak Beam Distance: 297 Meters 974 ft
• Peak Beam Intensity: 22,000cd
• Lens: Double-sided anti-reflective tempered glass
• LED: CREE XHP-50
◦ Length: 5.24"
◦ Head Diameter: 1.65"
◦ Body Diameter: 1.26"
◦ Weight: 8.99 oz (Including Battery)
Runs on 1 x 26650 Li-ion battery (Included)
IPX8 - 2m
Impact Resistance 1 m
1. While being relatively compact and being powered by only one battery, the output is 2500 lumen, and that’s a lot.
2. Build in charger, standard micro-usb socket.
3. A nice present package, a high quality USB adapter with respectable 2A output.
Premium Packing – It feels like you are about to open it up to find a very nice product.
Excellent fit and finish. Very good quality feel to the entire package and product.
The flashlight resembles the Baton series a lot – it is just much larger. I thing the size is optimal to hold in the hand – not too tiny, not too big.
massive silicone cover which feels like it will keep the water out. I would prefer to see a magnetic charger port but this is good. Magnetic charging port is great, this is good. There is a good feeling of the cover setting into place which is nice. Better than most charging port covers.
The socket is being lit with red light while charging, and green while the charging is complete. You can also use it while the flashlight is on
Large Olight 26550 battery which is larger and offers better performance than my personal favorite battery type, the 18650
When it comes to the beam, there are no artifacts. Nice throwing power and flooding.
Glow in the dark o ring near the deflector.
There is a low light indictor which turns red to warn you of low power.
Convenient to charge in your car.
Blue bezel looks very nice.
Feels good in the hand. Good texture. Doesn’t sleep.
Can use the light and charge it at the same time
The battery is a proprietary Olight 26550 battery so you will not be able to go out and purchase one of these from many sources.
You can use other 26650 batteries but you will not be able to recharge them and from what I have heard they will not be able to power the flashlight on turbo mode. Luckily additional batteries can be purchased for $17 each.
While I like the side switch it is easy to turn this one while in your pocket. Luckily you can lock the flashlight to prevent accidental activation.
step down after 2 minutes to 800 lumens
Naturally it gets warm when running on high.
It is a roller.
No pocket clip