Wednesday, July 24, 2019
Worth $19? - �� TOMSHOO Budget Gasifier Wood Stove - Review
Support TOGR with Patreon : https://www.patreon.com/TOGR
Remember the Canway Wood Stove?
This is its competition which features a very similar design but there are some important differences.
Is it Better or is it Worse?
This is my review of the TOMSHOO Wood Stove!
Link : https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078RK5MJ2
Weight : 14.1oz for the stove and legs; the entire stove and all components is 1.06lbs
Price : $20
Recently I reviewed the Canway Wood Stove and this stove from Tomshoo is very similar. In fact, it shares in essentially the same design but with some minor changes.
First off it is lighter weight than the Canway stove as it features thinner metal. The pot support system is different as well.
Wood and Alcohol Stove
There is two versions of this stove, this one and a version which has a handle on the bottom support. That version is $30 and isn’t worth the money in my opinion.
From the Company :
· Sturdy & Stable: This camping stove made of durable stainless steel. The windproof serrated cross stand offers a stable platform for your cookware and increases heat contact.
· Unique Design, Efficient Burning: The wood stove has the double wall inside makes cold air to be heated fast when entering the chamber, thus significantly improve burning efficiency.
· Unlimited Fuel: Use the twigs, leaves, branches, wood as fuel to cook a meal on your hike, and the stove includes a tray to hold solid alcohol fuel.
· Foldable & Lightweight: Easily collapsible into a compact size (5.4" x 2.8") and packed in the mesh carrying sack for convenient storage. At only 1 pound.
· What You Get:1*TOMSHOO Camping Stove,1*Alcohol Tray, 1*BBQ Grill Net 1*Mesh Storage Sack, 12-month worry-free warranty and friendly customer service.
Good quality gasifer stove.
Good design, simple to put together
Very good quality – no flex at all- impressive for $20
With good materials, it takes roughly 3 minutes for the gasification process to start and the stove is ready to go.
Thanks to the size, it can burn for a very long time and it is easier to simmer with than some wood stoves.
Coals will stay hot very a very long time
Good quality mesh bag.
Legs are solid into place, stable
Comes with the grill cover
You don’t have to use the included alcohol plate, you can uses a different stove if you want to. If you were going to, I would leave all of this at home and built a pot stand out of sticks or rocks
Compatible with any cup or pot – this can’t be said with all wood burning stoves.
Doesn’t feel as substantial as other wood stoves, which is especially true with the Canway stove in mind.
You all know that I like wood stoves like this and with the Tomshoo stove, the trend continues. The design isn’t unique but it is different than some of the other stoves on the market. It is lighter weight and for some, that will be important.